This page contains the terms and conditions under which SortedIT provides certain services.
Terms and Conditions for Refurbishment, Repairs and Upgrades
SORTEDIT UPGRADE OFFER
Rand/Dollar fluctuations affect all hardware prices and hardware quotes are therefore valid for 24 hours only.
Hard drive and RAM upgrades are quoted for separately and the cost of the hardware does not form part of the upgrade offer.
The basic upgrade price of R495-00 per device is the labour cost and applies to pickups and deliveries within a seven kilometer radius of our Fourways office. Pick-ups outside that radius are subject to a R100-00 pickup and delivery fee.
Any hardware that is ordered will be invoiced for and needs to be paid in advance. All hardware is new and carries full manufacturers warranties and guarantees.
Cost of licencing of any software, anti-virus or endpoint security ordered by the client will be purchased in the clients name and is for the clients account.
Backups are the client’s responsibility and although every care is taken, SortedIT accepts no responsibility for data loss.
The upgrade package consists of:
- Installation of new hardware and BIOS update and configuration as necessary,
- Installation and activation of Windows 10 and basic updates,
- Installation of driver software for sound, VGA, network adapters etc.
- Loading and activation of client supplied software – MS office etc. (See note and options below)
- Load the clients choice of anti-virus or end point security to protect the system while connected to the internet and updating,
- Testing of hardware and software installation and on-board devices such as networking capability, sound, etc.
On request, SortedIT will:
- Restore data to the new hard drive as per clients specification,
- Configure email. (Client to supply user names and passwords for each email account).
An additional charge of R200-00 will be made for these optional services.
Note: SortedIT will not load any software for which the client cannot produce a valid product key or license.
In the case of upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10, Microsoft will only allow the upgrade if the Windows 7 version on the device is genuine.
For more information, call 011 465 0529 or mail using our contact form and we will gladly assist.